Monday, June 30, 2014

This is the sickest mission on the earth!

Dude the weather here just got so real haha. Some of the computers in the library went out so if you get this you should consider yourself lucky. :) Utah storms ain't got nothing on the Midwest. 

So our district is pretty great!  We are all going to lunch today and our DL called last night and was like hey what are you doing for lunch tomorrow? Then he was like wait it totally sounds like I'm asking you on a date haha! Then the other day Elder Twitchell was trying to give me a compliment apparently haha. I was talking about my brothers and he was like "wait you don't have any sisters? Is that why you are so masculine?" I was like uhhh I'm masculine?! then he was like no you just aren't one of those pretty girls your like a tom boy. haha It was super awkward because he kept like digging himself deeper. He said he was trying to say is that I'm so laid back. But now I'll never forget someone called me masculine. Bro for life right there, I had a nightmare I got bro-zoned for life.




So we went to the Elder Steab and Twitchell's investigator's baptism and it was cool to see one of my MTC homies have his first baptism. They were tearing up a little when we were singing it was pretty adorable haha.

I got the guitar book I've looked at it a few times but lunch time I try to use for naps :) That is so exciting you guys are going to a niners game! I wish that I could go! haha. I'm also really jealous you get to see Uncle Shawn I miss that guy!
I'm glad they liked my chicken picture. Thanks Indiana mom's facebook page it means a lot! 

Health wise I'm doing pretty fantastic! I think eating better and exercise really have been helping me out. #Livingthewordofwisdomfordays

So I think for the 4th of July we aren't really supposed to go outside. We have weekly planning in the morning for three hours and then we have the rest of the day 1-9 pm. Which will be super weird! I think I'll definitely take a nap! We have dinner with the Petty's I think. 


So yesterday we were tracting and this lady answered the door and was like I'm the last person you want to talk to. Then she came outside and said she had a PHD in religious studies. At first I was like oh no she is going to anti us haha. Then she just started going off about how much she loves Mormons! It was the craziest tracting experience I've had yet haha. She knew like every part of our church history. But she was a little drunk so she called the handcarts wheel barrels. She was like Joseph Smith had so much faith he did whatever God told him. Then she was talking about the pioneers and how they traveled west and was like you girls are amazing going out her doing this you have no fear, when you are out walking around remember the wheel barrels and how they pushed them all the way to Utah. haha. She then went off about how the Elders always stop by her house when her kids are sick. She was like every time one of my kids are sick I always look at my watch and I'm like hey where are the hot guys? She thinks Mormons are the most attractive people ever haha. She seriously pumped us up though she was like you girls have no fear my neighbor is a racist southern baptist preacher but I'm sure you will stop by him anyways haha. She was like I'm soooo excited you are here on my porch right now I'm going to talk to my class about how great Mormons are tomorrow haha. 

President said this to me this week "Every time I read your letters, it puts a smile on my face. Thank you for coming back and being so diligent." It pumped me up! :) I'm just so happy to be a missionary! This is the sickest mission on the earth! 

I love you guys!

Sister Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment