Tuesday, August 5, 2014

We had 5 people at church this last Sunday!

Hello derrr!
:)
Transfers went pretty well! It was good to see some of my homies. I have one of the same zone leaders and sister training leaders as I did in West Lafayette. So that'll be wild! Just like old times but not… haha. 

R. CAME TO CHURCH! Oh my gosh! So not sure if I told you about R. but when we first got to the area I saw his teaching record in the former's and had a prompting to call him. He was all about us coming over and teaching him. He is a recovering drug addict and he tends to lie a lot. He kept telling us he was ready to be baptized and start coming to church. He never did so we stopped teaching him because he was lying and not committed. So the other day we drove by his house and I had a feeling we should stop by just to see how he was. We invited him to church and as usual he said he would be there. I didn't think he would come because he always says yes and then calls and says he is in the hospital...I still hoped he would come. He actually showed up! It seriously was a miracle. Also really shocking haha. Pretty much all of the elders told me to give up hope in him changing and it really made me super angry. I don't know why a lot of the Elders are just so bitter about life haha.

The mission is hard but I really don't think we should just completely give up on people because they can't keep commitments. Heavenly Father is seriously always there for us and doesn't give up that easy. So why should we as his tools give up easy? I understand we need to spend our time fulfilling our purpose to teach and baptize but these people need love and patience. 

We had 5 people at church this last Sunday! It was awesome! K. who has been investigating the church on and off for 20 years is getting baptized this Sunday. She told us we were the best missionaries ever. It seriously made me so happy! She has met like a lot of missionaries’ haha. 

Lone Eagle wants to get baptized but not sure if completely understands the difference of being baptized in our church compared to other churches. He finally came to church this Sunday! He didn't make it to church at 9 so he came to church at 1. So we went to sacrament meetings yesterday. It was a little exhausting but worth it. He seemed to like it and said he learned from it. Hopefully he understands the priesthood authority soon. That was his first time at church though so we will see. I love that guy! One of the Elders told us we should stop teaching him too. So frustrating. 

Johnny came to church again this week and he bore his testimony in sacrament meeting! He wouldn't go up until I did haha. His testimony was killer though! Everyone shook his hand afterward.

We had this kid walk into our church just because he wanted to go to church! It was super neat! I think the Elders are going to teach him. Also this entire family walked in that wanted to go to church! That never happens! The miracles of fasting are so amazing! We just had so many miracles happen yesterday like our five people at church. 

Hopefully good things keep happening! 

I love and miss you all! 
Sister Brooks

Johnny my BFF




She is a member and we are teaching her non-member boyfriend  who gives us free frosty at Wendy's. He is the nicest boy!



Me and my Grandma Dola :) I love her so much!


   

 My family away from home haha. Seriously Brother M. is my spirit animal I love that guy!  His wife is the one getting baptized and he has just been reactivated but he is going to baptize her! I'm so excited! 


No comments:

Post a Comment