Monday, July 28, 2014

It was so neat to see Chloe be baptized!

Hello!

So Sister Warner is getting transferred this Wednesday so that will be some new stuff haha. Hopefully our investigators will still like us. But this weekend was really awesome! :) It's crazy Chloe is now a member. Her grandparents are really excited! So are we! I really want to come back and visit them with you guys! But for now it's nice that I'll still see them all the time. I love the Kaptains! I miss you guys too! But it is all worth it. I love being a missionary. This weekend was just great to see two people enter the waters of baptism who are so ready for that change in their lives. 

We had five investigators at church on Sunday so that was pretty wild! Johnny came! It was funny because we were talking to him on his porch about how the extremely well planned barbecue had been canceled because of the really bad storms. He was super excited to go! He was like I want to meet all the people. So then I was like oh well there is church tomorrow so just come and meet them all then. He told us he was like I think I'll ease my way into it. Sister Warner was like well we don't want to make you uncomfortable then he said I like when people are honest and speak their minds. So then I was like straight up you need to come to church then. haha. So that is how we got Johnny there :) He loved it! He was commenting in all the classes and telling everyone his testimony of his experience in prison and his accident. I told him we have testimony meeting every first Sunday of the month and he is really excited to get up there. He was like I'll be there! haha. So I'm glad he liked it!

It was so neat to see Chloe be baptized! We stood on the steps to watch and it was so amazing to see the smile on her face and this light that came as she was baptized. I've never felt anything like that before. She has changed so much since we first met her. Even confidence wise she has so much more confidence. When we first met her and she was talking my ear off her grandparents were like in shock she talked that much. Now she is like that with everyone. And she even tells the Elders how much better the sisters are like every time she sees them. She is just such an amazing girl who wants something so different for her life than what her parents had. She is such a sweetheart. I told her she is always welcome in our home or in my future home.

So it's about to get real up in here! We most likely have another baptism set up for the 10th of august but I don't want to give the story until it's legit. But this area is really blowing up!
We have dinner appointments set up with non members! Which is super sick!
You should see the amount of food we have…that means we are good missionaries. ;) haha. 
Well I love you guys. Stay classy!
Sister Brooks

We went to one of Sister Warner's past investigators baptism and my mommy was there :D


I got some earrings from Lone Eagle


The Kaptain's 




 We went to a place like Benihanas for lunch it was wild! 



No comments:

Post a Comment