Monday, December 30, 2013

We committed Lisa the mom to be baptized on March 8th!

Hello there!

Christmas was a good day! I took a little nap while Sister Howard called her family so it was sort of a Christmas nap haha. I fell asleep when we had breakfast at a member's house that morning too. I was really tired and there was a couch... haha. I think the holidays are really hard because it's weird getting such a long break it makes you like 100 times even more tired.

 

We had companion exchanges the next day and I had the hardest time without Sister Howard haha. It was like leaving my mom for the second time. I think that I have become a better missionary from just that one day though. So that is a good thing :)
I'm not sure I could handle speaking another language on top of being a missionary because it's already pretty difficult. I know that I'm supposed to be in Indiana! It's really awesome to be called by a prophet!


I love everything! I may need to send the animal beanies home because I can't wear those haha. They are cute though but not very missionary appropriate haha. I have been doing yoga almost every day so hopefully I can't get some of this weight off me haha. 
We go to bed at 10:30 every night and wake up at 6:30 every day. I've been sleeping pretty okay just wake up a lot during the night. I would have to say that P day might be the most stressful day haha. We just have so much to get done so we can be ready for the week. Basketball is fun and I'll probably play some today if I get done replying to my 21 letters. :) 

I'm not getting transferred don't worry! I might be in West Lafayette for 6 months haha. But that’s just what I've heard about this place is that you get stuck here forever but that is alright with me!



The family I told you about came to church this week again and we committed Lisa the mom to be baptized on March 8th! When I asked her if she would be baptized she was like "can I be baptized?" and we were like heck yes you can! She is such a sweetheart! She has already figured out what the Holy Ghost feels like and I'm just thinking that it took me like 18 years to figure that out! haha. I really hope that her family follows her example. It's still so crazy we found them! 

Oh and Jane is back in our teaching pool we are just not allowed to talk about baptism for awhile. Which is hard since that is our purpose. Her mom just passed away and her sister is probably going to pass away soon :(


Love, Sister Brooks


 More pictures from the Christmas Conference...






No comments:

Post a Comment